Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Sonata Dancewear Contest (“Contest”) is open to dancers (students and professionals) ages 16 and up who are residents of the Philippines. All applicable national and local laws apply. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”). Void where prohibited.
- Entry Period: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Philippine Time on 08/15/2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Philippine Time on 08/31/2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, login to Instagram or Facebook (accounts are free) and upload/post an original photo of yourself in a dance pose or in a competition. In the caption accompanying the photo, share a tip on how you prepare for a competition. Then, tag a person who plays a vital role in your competition preparations and tell us why they are important to you. When you post your photo, you must include the hashtag #ThatsdpointeSonataContest and you must tag That’s D Pointe Dance Shop using the @thatsdpointe and Sonata Dancewear using the @sonatadancewear tag. Only photos with the hashtag and the correct That’s D pointe Dance Shop and Sonata Dancewear tags can be counted as entries. Your Instagram account or your facebook post must be set to “Public” so the judges can see your photo. Once your post is complete, please send the link to your post to email@example.com. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. If any person(s) appear in your photo other than yourself, you must have permission from them for use of their image as set forth in these Official Rules. No responsibility is assumed for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries, or for any failure or delay in any electronic communications.
- Photo/Post Requirements: Photos and posts must comply with Instagram and Facebook’s technical requirements and must: (a) be the exclusive original ownership of the entrant; (b) not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity, (c) not contain any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans other than the Sponsor’s and Sonata Dancewear’s, (d) not depict any conduct or content that is unsafe, immoral, obscene or otherwise inappropriate as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; and (e) not have been submitted in any other Contest or won any prize.
- Publicity/Usage Rights: By entering, you warrant and represent that all required third-party releases (if any) have been obtained in writing, and you further agree acknowledge and agree that Sponsor (and those acting with its authorization) may copy, reproduce, edit, broadcast and otherwise use your photo/post in any way in any medium whether now existing or later discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, including but not limited to posting on Sponsor’s website or on Sponsor’s social media pages. Photos posted in connection with the Contest may or may not be posted online in Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or reject any content it deems inappropriate for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to delete or blur any inappropriate content from a photo/post without disqualifying the entry where, in Sponsor’s determination, such change does not materially alter the submission and the entrant has otherwise attempted in good faith to comply with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest and/or receipt or use of any prize further constitutes the winning person(s)’s consent for use of his/her name, likeness, opinions, and/or statements, and/or city and state for promotional or advertising purposes in any media, worldwide, now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further review, notification, payment, or consideration (unless prohibited by law).
- Winner Selection and Notification: All eligible photos will be judged by a panel of judges using the following criteria: Creativity/Originality; Photo Quality; Accompanying caption (competition tip and importance of your selected person/s); and Public Appeal (the number of likes and comments on Instagram and Facebook may be considered by the judges, in their discretion, as one factor in assessing this criterion). Judges’ decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
- Winners will be notified on August 26, 2018 via email. Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Prize: Winners receive a free Sonata Dancewear Leotard or Rip Stop Pants. Approximate retail value (ARV) of prize: P2,000.00. Prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative or prize substitution will be allowed, except in Sponsor’s discretion. A substitute of comparable or greater value may be awarded if the prize or any component thereof becomes unavailable for any reason. Prize must be picked up from any of the Sponsor’s stores. Sponsor will shoulder shipping to major Philippine cities outside Metro Manila should winner reside outside of Metro Manila. Otherwise, winner is responsible for all shipping, taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with acceptance or use of any prize. All entrants will receive a discount coupon of 10% off a single Sonata Dancewear item. Coupon will be sent via email used to send entry in.
- Release of Liability: By participating, you release Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize, and you agree that these entities are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion and/or the awarding of any prize except as expressly provided in these official rules. By entering, you agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to reasonable and actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses. These rules and any disputes relating hereto are governed by the laws of Quezon City, Philippines, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, and by entering you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of the Philippines for resolution of any disputes relating to the Contest and waive any objection thereto.
- Additional Rules: Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. No responsibility is assumed for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, incomplete or illegible entries, all of which are void; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, mobile device, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s mobile device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest.
- By participating, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Contest it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) suspend, modify or terminate the Contest if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, may be disqualified. If any portion of the Contest is compromised in a manner that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and to select the winner from among eligible entries received that are not affected by the problem or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- Data: Any information you submit is shall not be provided to a third party.
- Sponsor: That’s D Pointe Dance Shop, UGF Fisher Mall, Quezon Ave., cor. Roosevelt Ave., Quezon City, Philippines
- Instagram and Facebook: By participating in this Contest, you release Instagram, Facebook, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.